Korea Content Creative Agency (KOCCA) is a South Korean government agency affiliated with Ministry of Culture, charged with governing and providing supports for various cultural industries such as television, film, game, animations and etc.
At the end of 2018, KOCCA has announced that there will be a new government-funded project for the purpose of supporting creating new Korean original entertainment show formats, which has long been in discussion within KFA, Korea Format Alliance. From 2019, KOCCA annually selects official companies to operate “KOCCA Format Lab Project”
For 4 years since 2019, FormatEast has been officially selected as one of the operating companies for“KOCCA Format Lab Project”, and successfully ran “FormatEast Creative Lab (FC Lab)”.
Through FC Lab Project, under the umbrella of KOCCA, we
- gather 10 top-notch Korean Creators to join the FC Lab project
- organize 4-5 “Global Development Seminar”
- co-create/develop 10 new format IPs each month
- select 3~5 formats with the most potential in the international market
- package new format IPs (produce international marketing materials including pitch-decks and sizzle reels)
- pitch the shows to TV & OTT platforms (including Korean networks)
- Paper Format Licensing
- International Distribution
- Co-development (exclusive/non-exclusive)
- Co-production (ex : in China)
…and many more